Scientific personals of Sikkim:
|NAME||Dr. Utpal Gupta|
|DESIGNATION||Sr. Scientist (Crop Botany)|
|NAME OF THE INSTITUTION/DEPARTMENT||
Indian Cardamom Research Institute (ICRI), Regional Research Station, Spices Board, Tadong
|AFFILIATION/UNDERTAKING||Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India|
|MAILING ADDRESS||ICRI, RRS, Spices Board, Yakthung House, Tadong, Gangtok, Fax/Tel:03592-231301|
|CONTACT NUMBER||03592- 231379 (landline), 094343-38533 (Mobile)|
|E-MAIL ADDRESS||ITsspicesgtk@yahoo.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION (AFTER GRADUATION)||M.Sc.(Ag) in Genetics and Plant Breeding, Calcutta University, Ph.D in Medicinal plants, North Bengal University|
|ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION (IF ANY)||
1. Fellow of Indian Association of Biological Sciences.
2. Life member of Indian Science Congress association.
3. Life member of Sikkim Science Society.
|FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION||Plant Breeding and Biotechnology|
|RESEARCH EXPERIENCE||30 years Research experience on Improvement of Medicinal plants, quality determination in tea and crop improvement in large cardamom|
|BOOKS /BOOK CHAPTERS||
1. Sudharshan, M.R. & Gupta, U (2007). Large cardamom (Amomum
subulatum Roxb.) biodiversity in Horticultural crops Vol. 1, Eds. K.V. Peter
& Publicaions, Day publishing house, New Delhi.
2. Gupta, U., Biswas, A.K, Thomas, J & Madhusoodhanan, J (2007). Field evaluation of tissue cultured (TC) plant against open pollinated (OP) seedlings of large cardamom (Amomum subulatum Roxb.) seedlings. In recent trends in horticultural Biotechnology Eds. Raghunath, Keshavachandran et al. pp- 457 -461, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi.
|RESEARCH PUBLICATION PUBLISHED|